24 August 2006

Too much time awake

Well, today has been a long one. I got off work about 8:00am, an hour late, then Jana and I decided to go grab something to eat. I think I finally fell asleep about 10. I woke up about 1:40pm, since Jana had a doctors appointment at 2:30 (apparently the alarm clock went off about three times before I got up) - turns out that Jana hadn't slept at all.
We get to the doctor, and he comes in trying to make in impression (even I could tell this through my half asleep mind). Turns out Jana needs to loose some weight (we forgot to ask how much exactly) - and what a coincidence, I need to as well (that last part was from me, not the doctor). So I guess that Jana and I are going to be on a diet for a while - there goes those deep fried lard nuggets.
After getting home, we head back to bed, by now it's 4pm. I set my alarm for 9:30pm - I can get a few hours more sleep. Then my work phone goes off - it was the best kind of call, "Sorry, I didn't mean to call you!". Whelp, I'm up, have been since 7:15pm - with a total of about 7 hours, even though it feels like less.



Right now I have a gassy cat sleeping on my lap - he hasn't gotten enough sleep either, and I'm working on a spreadsheet to try and tack how much I eat, and how much I exercise - maybe Jana will use it too - who knows.
Dwight just popped onto IM, apparently Amy is going in for open heart surgery tomorrow. I wish there was better news then that.
Well that pretty much sums up the day - crappy.

0 comments: