29 August 2006

Computers computers computers

Well, today has been about meetings and computers. First thing in the morning I had a meeting, about 3.5 hours, could not help but yawn. Reorganized the office some, called a woman with a complaint - nothing too bad. Woohoo

I brought home my boss's son's computer, it's very infected with viruses and the such - I've never seen Firefox open 7 unrequested new tabs before. I installed AVG and was able to scan a bit of the computer before the battery went almost dead - have to get the power supply before I can continue. (for some reason he didn't update his antivirus software).
Lately I have been trying to get compiz to work on my laptop - with absolutely no success. In Gnome I can see the themes, but can't get them to start, and I can't get anything to work in KDE - I have followed 5, "sure fire", guides on how to get this to work - guess what, none of them worked - they all made it so that X wouldn't start. Good thing I'm comfortable using the command line. I will look some more on this later - it's bed time now.
Oh, I got my first comment in the blog just about a day ago. Wow. hehehe

0 comments: