02 April 2007

Been a while

Okay, so it's been a while since I have written. First there wasn't much to write about - bad weather, working, etc. Then about three weeks ago, things changed; the weather got better, Jana and I paid off many bills, and I got let go from my job. I can't begin to tell you how all three things just seem so much better to me. The weather is a rather obvious thing when I say it is better, as are the bills; the odd thing is the job, the job I had was not really that fun for me, I would work 11 hours a day, see Jana maybe 3 hours a day if I was lucky, and be on call 24/7/365. Needless to say I was upset the first hour after I was let go (the day before didn't go so well either), but after that, I could explain why but I was just so happy, all smiles, and jokes. I don't blame the hotel, or the staff, it just happened. My only real annoyance with it is the timing - I would have preferred that it happened after the vacation that I had planned for May.

The first week I just sat around, and worked on my resume here and there, the second week I went out and started hitting the pavement to get my resume out there. I'm finding it difficult to find good places to drop it off at (I've been rather picky), by the end of last week I had four interviews, and I'm having another tomorrow.

On a positive note, Jana and I got a membership to a 24 hour gym near by, and have been exercising almost everyday since. I know I'm starting to feel better, and I think Jana is too. I had Jana take a picture of me today (with no shirt on) so that I can compare it with a photo of myself after three months.

Well that is all for now - wish me luck with the workouts. :)

0 comments: