21 April 2007

Sleep

I read a rather interesting article on the BBC site: Article Link

I have been interested in sleep for a while; you know, how much is needed, when the best time to sleep is, etc. One thing that I have concluded (rather unscientifically), is that everyone is different. I can't see two people having the same exact *perfect* sleeping patterns (though there are a lot of people in the world).

For example, if I was left to my own devices, then I would go to sleep around 4 or 5 am, and sleep till about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. So, I'm a night person, who needs about 10 hours of sleep to feel perfect throughout the day; most people think I'm crazy for needing that kind of schedule - I think they are crazy for not needing that.

Now another interesting topic is polyphasic sleep, where you take multiple short naps, rather then one long sleep. I have been wanting to try that - but it just doesn't fit into my work schedule.

After all this posting about sleep, I'm ready for bed.

0 comments: