07 April 2007

Getting Things Done

I ran into a new idea (okay, not a new idea, just new packaging), called "Getting Things Done" - well it's new to me. As near as I can tell it's about dumping all the info in your head and life into a medium that can remind you (what medium doesn't really matter). It's also about sorting out your tasks and projects into an easy to work with form so that you know what you have to do, and what step(s) needs to be completed next.
For the longest time I have been searching for a way to organize my life (mainly work), so that I can get everything done - and have time to do it. One of the main things preventing me from doing that is I'm forgetful of anything that does not interest me. This way of Getting Things Done seems like it is custom built for me to get things done. I can't wait till I start working again to try this out for a true test - but for the time being I will just have to use it at home; I even found an extension for Firefox and Gmail to help with that.
On my searching for info on GTD (Getting Things Done), I found an interesting article - which is loosely related to that, here is the link Firefox OS.
Okay, I think that is it for now.

0 comments: