15 January 2007

Winter Roads

Today has been an interesting one. I got off work at 7am, and after defrosting my car for about an hour, was headed home (finally). The roads were not in the best of conditions today, in fact they were rather crappy. At first when I hit the interstate I was able to go about 45mph, that speed steadily declined till it was about 15mph at my exit. On the way, I saw about 12 cars go into the ditch, I saw one car that must have gotten turned around driving the wrong way on the interstate, and almost go hit by two different cars. I started to swerve at one point, but was able to quickly fix my driving to correct it.
I'm not sure what it is about some drivers, but they seem to think that they can drive like the roads are perfect, and seem surprised when things go wrong. Most of the cars that I saw go into the ditch were the 4x4s.

I want to make this post longer and a bit more detailed, but I'm having trouble concentrainting, I have a really bad headache that just came on. At some point I might have to take a small nap tonight, I'm not doing very well.

0 comments: