21 December 2006

What a day

Well today has been an interesting one. We left Wyoming about 11am (Mountain Time), a bit later then I wound have liked, and headed for Sioux Falls. I was counting Wall Drug signs along the way, while watching the dark clouds in the east - nothing was going wrong. Then just before the last exit to Wall (South Dakota - of Wall Drug fame), my car suddenly gave a jolt and "Check Engine" light came on, and despite frantic shifting, I just could not get the car to go. We ended up at the bottom of the off ramp, I checked everything that I knew to check - not being a car guy - and everything looked great to me. Fortunately, a nice couple came down the ramp and stopped at a garage for us to get someone to help (huge THANK YOU to them), the garage owner came and got us. We are waiting to hear back about the car now - I hope it's not too bad.
Jana and I have been enjoying our stay in Wall, we found a Super 8 that had a room, the garage owner let us borrow his truck so that I could get Jana there, we had a good dinner, and we are going to watch a movie next (we brought some DVDs).
Oddly enough today has been rather good, I think its because it is a relaxing day with only me and Jana.

0 comments: