16 December 2006

Trip - Part one

The last couple of days have been interesting. Thursday Jana and I packed up the car (the back was so full that I could initially see out the rear-view mirror); after packing up the car we took Fozzy to the vet to stay while Jana and I are out of town. Fozzy looked so scared, I feel so bad about leaving him there, all alone. :-( After that we drove the 4 hours to Sioux Falls South Dakota. After being lost for a a few minutes Jana was able to guide me to the hotel. We had a nice stay in the hotel, Residence Inn - we had a good room, good food, and friendly staff all around. After a good nights sleep, and I mean some great sleep for me, we got up, and headed out to Wyoming.
The trip to Wyoming was mostly uneventful, Jana slept a bit, I drove, we counted (more on that in another post), and finally got to Wyoming (with only running into a bit of snow). I must say that the trip is always nerve racking for me, the whole environment of Jana's family in Wyoming is so different from anything that I have ever really experienced in my life - that it scares the brown stuff out of me. The environment is chaotic to say the least, animals all over the house (not a big deal to me), many different people; and to top it all off, I'm never sure what exactly is going on. I won't even go into the smoking thing (yuck).
Today we unloaded the car of all the gifts - took about five trips. Then we went to Wal-Mart, the only reason I went there was to hopefully get away from some of the chaos... though it was packed with people (darn it). Despite all the chaos, and noise, I do like Jana's family, they are nice people who only mean well; they have shown me so much love that it amazes me. Five days left till we leave, I'm sure I will be ready for it, get a good shower.
Now to see if I can get rid of this headache and runny nose.

0 comments: