30 December 2006

Noise/Sports

I'm sitting here working (okay, taking a couple minute break), and it is very loud out there. We have a family holiday part/reunion in the hotel, and they wanted to watch the Iowa/Texas bowl game, not a big deal. The problem is that they decided to watch it in our lobby. Now let me tell you, everyone with this group has been very nice (much more so then most groups of this sort), so this is not a comment on them personally, this is a comment a situation that I see often, that they happen to have caused as well.
This involves two things, one that I hate (Noise/Crowds) and one that I just don't understand, sports (the type that you don't actually participate in).

  • Noise/Crowds. As you may or may not know, they drive me nuts. It is loud enough that I really just want to curl into a ball, and cry. I can't stand it. It just grates on your nerves, gives you a headache, and just activates that primal part of you that wants to run from loud noises - crowds cause the same reaction. The only thing that is keeping me from curling into that ball, forcing myself to keep busy so that I don't have time to do anything.
  • Sports. I can understand wanting to play a game, sports games, but I can't understand just wanting to watch them, unless someone you personally knew was playing. To me it is like watching some stranger lift weights for hours. What is the point? Please, someone explain the point of pro, semipro, or college sports.

0 comments: